Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Crockpot Spinach Tortellini



This recipe is different from the original recipe I found on line, so here's my version.


Ingredients:

1- 8 ounce bag of frozen tortellini
1- 1 lb bag of frozen spinach
1- 28 ounce can of Italian style diced tomatoes(I use Dei Fratelli includes herbs, olive oil, sea salt)
2 cups of Vegan chicken broth(I use Orrington Farms Broth Base & Seasoning powder, from Amazon)
1- 8 ounce package of cream cheese
1 lb of plant based sausage(Beyond Meat Italian Sausage)
1 small pinch of crushed red pepper


Directions:
Brown the sausage, dice it in pieces
Cut up the cream cheese 
Put all ingredients into the crockpot(I dump tomatoes first and put the broth in last) 

Cook;
On low of 5-6 hours or on high for 4 hours.

This dish freezes really well, I let it completely cool off, place in containers 1 inch from the top and then freeze. Doing it this way keeps freezer burn from developing on top. I use it within 4-6 months.