Friday, September 18, 2009

Chop Suey Cake

Oh, my this is one of my all time favorite cakes. If I could just bake this up and serve for dinner once a week I'd be a happy camper. Lol! Thought I'd share the recipe with you all it will be your favorite too!! Yum!!

This delicious cake recipe has been around a very long time.
It was the rage in the 40's! during WORLD WAR 2 era.
Why is it called a "CHOP SUEY" cake ??
I can not find an answer, but I believe
it is because it looks a little like...CHOP SUEY!

2 cups sifted flour
1 cup chopped nuts(any) I use walnuts
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups sugar white or brown
2 eggs
1 large can of crushed pineapple juice and all

Preheat oven 350

Mix all ingredients together, pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan
Bake until a golden brown about 30-35 minutes.

FROSTING:
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 stick of butter or margarine
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients in bowl until mixed well.

Frost while cake is slightly warm.
Refrigerate when cake is cool, it freezes well too!