This weather makes me want to stay indoors and cook some hot delicious meals, just had this one last night for dinner, it was so good! You can also freeze the cooked cabbage rolls for later meals.
1 Medium Head of Fresh Cabbage
1 Large Onion, diced
2 lbs of Ground Beef
1 Cup Cooked White Rice
2 Tablespoons Vegeta All Purpose Seasoning
1 Can Tomato Soup
1 11.5oz Can V8
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1. On the stove top, cook rice and set aside.
2. Remove the stem from the cabbage and peel each individual leaf back.
3. Take head of cabbage and place it in a pot of boiling, salted water. Cover and cook 3 minutes, or until softened enough to pull off individual leaves. As the cabbage leaves loosen, remove them and drain in a colander.
4. In a pan, cook onions until onions are clear in color.
5. In a large bowl, add ground beef, eggs, vegeta, cooked onions and rice.
6. Mix well.
7. Taking one cabbage leaf at a time, add a spoon or more of the meat mixture. Using your hand, gather the meat on one end of the cabbage leaf and then roll the leaf.
8. Chop remaining leaves coarsely and place them in the bottom of the pot. Layer the cabbage rolls into the bottom of a crock-pot. Layering as you add until all the meat mixture is used.
9. In a bowl, mix the tomato soup, Worcestershire and V8 juice.
10. Pour the mixture on top of the cabbage rolls.
11. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
**If you don't have a crock pot- Cover baking dish with foil- Bake in oven at 375 for 2 hours.
What's your favorite Fall Or Winter dish to cook?